Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Soccer

So tommorow I have a soccer game, if we lose we will be out of the running, period, tommorow will be our last chance. My teams record is bad, we have lost 2 or 3 times and tied once. Our problem is really stamina, we just don't play strong the whole game. I hope that we win and am excited, I really don't want to lose, not really for me but for my friends and coach. The last game he walked away after the game and didn't say anything to the team, he was pissed. I'll continue this post tomorrow with the results.

So we Won!!!! 2-1 finally, we recieved a very tense pep talk before the game from the coach and a kid who is on the teams dad. I am glad that my dad was never this serious about winning. Anyways, I didn't play which was a bummer... but I was chearing and screaming with the other 11 players on the sideline. The rules here only permit 4 substitutions, so it is definatly difficult to play. Claudio didn't play either. The score was 0-0 after the first half, but we scored once, they returned it, to tie it up. And in the last five minutes one of our players had a perfect shot which put us in the lead and finally... to win a game! So we will keep on going! we can't lose another game or we will be out of the championship, the pressure is on and I think that the team is finally ready to win.
I want to share a funny story, I have never seen anything like this in a soccer game at this level. One of our players took a player on the other team out. As he was on the ground clutching his leg another player on my team expertly pegged him with the ball... It really was comical, the kid falls, he's down for 3 seconds and gets hit with a soccer ball. The ref gave him a yellow and play went on, right after their free kick the wistle was blown again, and another yellow was diched out... to the same player. I didn't see it but when I asked what he did he just said "I punched him," so I'm not quite sure what he did, but his attitude was well whatever. It was jsut a little weird.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alex: Aunt Lucy said she is celebrating your birthday with
hers today. Happy birthday.

Aunt Lucy/ Unc.Roger

Anonymous said...

alex happy b-day i love u hope u have a wonderful time on your special day