Monday, January 5, 2009

Some pics... becuase I'm lazy






So My Christmas after the thoughts that I put down was quite interesting. My parents didn't buy us presents becuase the plan was that we were all going to go to the coast for the new year. So we decided to open the presents that I bought for them and the presents from my sisters. I bought all of my presents with Johanita my younger sister for my family, we bought a tie for my dad, a blouse for my older sister Eli and pants for my mom. I also got Johanita a T-shirt. I got a great shirt from johanita and from Eli I got a little ecuador mug! I also gave my family a peace flag from West Wind Peace Flags in Ashland. They loved it! I was super stoked to have brought the peace flags. I also gave them a christmas ornament. I'm not sure if when I was writing the last post if I knew whether the place had changed for our christmas dinner... well it did, at the last minute, we went to my aunts house. It is way, way in the north of Quito. It is a small apartment, and there were like 20 people it was nuts. It turned into a disorganized hodgpodge of people in every room, I could tell that my mom was dissapointed. Becuase of the multiroomedness it seemed way different than a christmas dinner, one cousin was doing homework for college, another listening to music, a few people sleeping, and others watching TV. It was kinda a bummer for everyone that it turned out that way. So my family left early and... well the picture of the kids with the hoola hoops is from christmas eve when I went to give the bags of candies. My dad and I recieved deodorant from my aunt! hint hint...

1 comment:

Lioness said...

PEACE FLAGS!!! Oh man, I miss seeing those things all over the town.