Monday, August 25, 2008

My First Night

Once I got off of the plane Cole, from the Seattle area, and I stuck together. We passed through imigration and costoms without a problem. Once through I met my family who had a balloon with benvinidos alex writen on it, Carlitos, my Rotary counsolor also met me at the airport with his Family. I tried to talk but I was so relieved to be in Quito that I was ready to fall asleep. After saying hello to everyone I got in the Car with my mom, dad, brother and sister. We drove to the Virgin in the center of the city, there is a mountain named panecillo with the statue on top. It was very foggy but I could still see parts of the city. After viewing the city we drove back home, we bought a baked chicken and my first dinner was corn, chicken, and rice. It was the only meal that my mother has bought anything for. One of the first things that I asked was what should I call my mom and dad. They said mami y papi. It is perfect. I went to bed in the same room with my brother. He leaves for Germany on September 6th. My first night was really crazy, I was practically delirious and I didn{t go to bed until one in the morning.

To be totally honest this blog thing is really hard, I do not want to miss anything and I feel that by using the computer I am missing chances to learn more. Ecuador is epic, I love my family and all the people I have met. Ojala, literally it is like god willing but used very often, I will learn Spanish quickly. I will try to put photos on my blog soon.

No comments: