Sunday, August 24, 2008

Traveling

Hey everyone, this is my first post from Ecuador. My last few days in Ashland were awesome, thanks everyone for a great life at home. It is what has made this possible. I woke up at three thirty to catch the plane to Atlanta. Leaving my mom was difficult, at the gate I met Aria and her mom. The flight to Atlanta was good, I got to see the sun rise over Mt. Hood on my last day, it was beautiful, the clouds made contrasting shadows over the ground. I sat next to a Bosnian who has lived in the U.S for two years, hes name was Amir and he made the flight really enjoyable. Once in Atlanta Aria and I mistakenly walked out of the Airport. So we had to go through security again. Once back in the airport and at our gate we met the other Rotary Exchange students. There were about fifteen from the U.S. There were people from many other programs represented at the gate. AFS students from France headed to Ecuador, Rotary Exchange students from Switzerland going to Ecuador and the U.S, another exchange program with kids from the U.S, and a ton of college exchange students headed for Ecuador. The plane ride was good except that my ipod broke halfway through the trip.
I sat next to a black Ecuadorian couple on the plane, they were very nice and we talked the whole time in Spanish. That was when I realized that I could really live in Ecuador. My Spanish sucks but I{m not afraid to try so everything is perfect. I also met a Rotary exchange student from an island in Puget Sound. He is really cool, I already have a friend from the good old northwest.

I am sorry for not writing sooner or about the stuff people probably want to hear about but these last few days have been in hyper drive, I literally have had no time to write. Everything is awesome in my family and I will hopefully catch up to my day to day expirience.

No comments: