Monday, November 17, 2008

My house and around






So I don't have school today or tomorrow and i took a couple of photos when my sister and I went out to buy CD's which cost a whopping $1 with dvd's costing $2.50. The majority are of my house and our apartment. I'm standing on top of the wall, which there was a bunch of army guys standing on the other side of the road looking kinda funny at me... but really it is easy to climb up. I really want to talk to our guard about this one... it is a little dangerous to have a wall that is easy to climb over. The picture of the river is a little gross, my sister says that it is soap from women washing clothes farther up the stream. But all the flowing wateraround Quito is polluted. The mountain in the background of another is Ilalo... which is a mountain within the valley that we live in. Really the city of Quito is higher than Ilalo.

2 comments:

emmaelizabeth said...

hey
i'm suzanne's friend, i'll let you know in advance that i will be lurking your blog :)
i'm on exchange with suzanne in thailand [nakhon phanom - the boons]

i really like your pictures, ecuador looks awesome!!
by the way, have you met two of my friends from canada in ecuador yet? - holly and connor??

suzanne wants to you if you have seen aria as well? holly told me that all of the exchange students in ecuador had already met, so i was just wondering.

good luck! peace and love

Unknown said...

Ya I know them Connor is super cool! and ya I've seen aria too. We had our first trip a month ago but I'm a little late with the writing thing....