Friday, November 7, 2008

Soccer

So I somehow made it on my schools soccer team... I think it has something to do with the fact that there are 22 people on the team but whatever it is really cool. I ended up signing up on the last day! I still haven't practiced with my team but I played a friendly game with my team. The first game of the season is next thursday! I signed up and got my picture taken for my players card. Claudio, from Switzerland, is also on the team... but in comparison to him I suck. He is also playing on the college team of his host brother. On thursday I left school early and we caught a bus to another school which was really scary. Thiis school was super hardcor, everyone looked like they would fight you before they would talk with you. Our team passed peacefully through the school in our group... The room that we put our uniforms on was a gymnastics gym... man am I jealous... there were trampolines, springboards, big squishy mats and everything! But we just put our clothes on there. I bought soccer shoes a couple of days before and it was the first time that I had worn them. I watched the game for the first half... At the end of the half it was 2-2. We scored the first two goals, then we had an own goal and they scored right at the end of the half... The crazyest thing was that the kids in the stands were fighting and throwing water bottles at each other... but they were all from the same school. Anyways I played for the last twenty minutes and happly didn't make any errors. The ref wasn't impartail by any means and the other team was very physical. I was put in as right forward, which I have never played... But all went well, I didn't play that bad, I just was playing all over becuase I had no clue where I needed to be. We ended up losing 2-3, they scored right before the end of the game. I had a really close opportunity... but a couple of seconds too late. I am stoked to be playing... Futbol is really big here, the level in high school isn't that great but there are some kids who are amazing... there is one kid who is playing profesional ball.

No comments: